Live a life of readiness. What the LORD says will come to pass. If we live ready daily, we will be ready at all times. No day is promised. We must stay with God and not look back. Consider Lot who lived in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
- Genesis 19:12-14 New King James Version – Then the men said to Lot, “Have you anyone else here? Son-in-law, your sons, your daughters, and whomever you have in the city—take them out of this place! 13 For we will destroy this place, because the outcry against them has grown great before the face of the Lord, and the Lord has sent us to destroy it.” 14 So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who had married his daughters, and said, “Get up, get out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city!” But to his sons-in-law he seemed to be joking.
Sometimes we need help to get out of a wicked place. God sent angels to rescue Lot who was considered righteous in the Lord’s sight. Lot was given an opportunity to warn his family. But they took the warning as a joke. Some people love sin so much, a warning from the LORD isn’t taken seriously. The LORD told them when I lead bring you out, “Don’t look back!”
This is not the time to ask God why. This is the time to just obey.
- Genesis 19:15 – 17 New King James Version – Then the morning dawned, the angels urged Lot to hurry, saying, “Arise, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be consumed in the punishment of the city.” 16 And while he lingered, the men took hold of his hand, his wife’s hand, and the hands of his two daughters, the Lord being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city. 17 So it came to pass, when they had brought them outside, that he said, “Escape for your life! Do not look behind you nor stay anywhere in the plain. Escape to the mountains, lest you be destroyed.”
Obey the first instruction from the LORD and do not listen to conflicting voices. Don’t make a deal with the devil. Compromise always results in loss. When we look back, we can end up going back. God says Don’t look back.
The devil will come with three lying doors to tempt us:
- Door #1 – Look back.
- Door #2 – Going back
- Door #3 – Never make it back
God has been replaced in some of our lives with stuff, boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, husbands, children, careers, et cetera. Nothing should be the center of our lives except God. Even our children are own loan to us. Teach them how to be successful spiritually and not just in this life. Earthly success means nothing to God.
A number one trick of the enemy right now is to make us think that living for God is boring.
- Galatians 6:9 New King James Version – And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Don’t get bored serving God. We will regret turning back from the Lord. Don’t go back to past abusive relationships or past sins.
- Luke 17:32-33 New King James Version – Remember Lot’s wife. Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
We need to be in Christ Jesus and not just with Him. Judas was with Jesus, but he was not for Jesus. He betrayed Jesus. Stay with the LORD and DON’T LOOK BACK.
Don’t even do a double-take at sin or a compromise. Look away from what is tempting and stay focused on Jesus. We can’t make our agenda our God.