Jesus is Our Healer. Every word from the Lord can change our situation. One word from the LORD can turn our situation around. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. That’s true regardless of whether the thing we hear is good or bad. Every word is a seed that will grow and produce a result in our minds.
- Luke 6:17-19 – Jesus Heals a Great Multitude – 17 And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, 18 as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. 19 And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.
The seed of the Word of God automatically follows God’s instructions. The Word of God must be planted in the good ground of faith. Our words are seeds too–we are created in God’s image and our words have the power to produce results too. We must learn to recognize negative seed and shut it down. Who wants to nurture a seed of a weed? No one. Nobody wants weeds in their garden.
As Christians we must be especially careful to speak life words–the Word of God and whatever lines up with the Word of God. We must humble ourselves and not allow the seed of pride to grow in our heart. We have to submit our mouth to the Lord.
- Psalm 141:3 New King James Version – Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
Jesus wants us to hear HIM–not them. What people say will not always line up with what God says. We must learn to put His Word higher than every other word.
- Psalm 107:20 New King James Version – He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
God wants to save our souls from destruction. We must hear the word of God over and over again so that it can transform our way of thinking. Words of doubt and unbelief are dirty words in God’s sight. Without the Word of God in our spirit, we will let the dirt of the world get into our hearts. Then we have to work harder to get the dirt out.
The enemy likes to drop seeds of doubt and lies to corrupt our faith. He did it in the beginning to tempt man to sin.
- Genesis 3:1-5 New King James Version – 3 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ 4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
The devil is a liar. Our job is to stay in faith and trust God, including every word He says. God’s Word filters out doubt, discouragement, hopelessness, and fear. God wants us to be full of hope. The most challenging situation is the one where a person has lost hope. Speak encouraging words to anyone who has lost hope. The Apostle Peter spoke the Word of God to a lame man and he received a miraculous healing.
- Acts 3:4-7 New King James Version – 4 And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, “Look at us.” 5 So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” 7 And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
We must follow the Lord and His Word, even when we don’t get what we want right away. If we are patient, the LORD will give us what we really need. The lame man asked for money, but what he really needed was healing. Because the man was willing to receive the word from the man of God, he was healed in JESUS’ Name.