“He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.” Psalm 107:20
God’s will for us is to experience peace. We can have peace right in the midst of trouble. The Word of God tells us…
- John 14:1 New King James Version – “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
We can choose to be troubled or not. We can choose to trust God and stay in peace–even if our body is experiencing sickness. Part of Jesus’ ministry was to heal those who were sick and to teach the people about the kingdom of God. The people heard the Word AND they were healed.
- Luke 6:17 New King James Version – Jesus Heals a Great Multitude – And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases,
- Mark 8:18 New King James Version – Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?
One word from the LORD can turn our situation around. Hearing from the LORD the key to our deliverance. We can be delivered physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Psalm 107:20 New King James Version – He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.
When we refuse to hear the Word of God (no matter who He uses to bring the Word), it’s like we are refusing to be healed. God uses the Word to heal. This doesn’t make sense to the mind, but it makes perfect sense to our spiritual man.
- Romans 10:17 New King James Version – So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Every time we hear from God, faith comes. It’s so important for us to fill our selves with the Word of God and tune out doubt.