God’s way is forgiveness. The way to be a godly man is to forgive. When we choose to do things God’s way, we win. The stakes are high when it comes to children. Men should be willing to swallow their pride and do what is necessary to make things right. Godly men make a difference in their children’s lives.
- Colossians 3:12-14 King James Version – 12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
#2 SACRIFICE TIRELESSLY.
Many times in life the man (the father and husband) does not outlive his spouse. He must sacrifice while he is alive and even make provision for his family in the event of his death. That’s what Jesus did for us. He provided for His believers (sons and daughters) while He ministered on earth and He is still preparing for His family now.
- Proverbs 23:24 King James Version – The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.
Men need to get resources from above from the Lord to be able to continue to have spiritual strength and resources to pour out to others.
#TRAIN YOUR CHILD TO KNOW GOD THE FATHER. YOU ARE THE PROPHET IN YOUR HOME.
Many men in modern times have grown up without a father. Some may have been raised by their mothers only. But that doesn’t mean that those who have grown up without a biological can’t become an excellent father. The Father of fathers is readily available to help every man become an amazing man of God who raises more children of God.
Godly men teach their children to turn to God with their problems and to turn to the Bible for wisdom. Lead by modeling. Let your child see you on your knees praying, helping others, reading the Bible and being vulnerable at times. Other children and even men follow the example of godly men. Godly fathers are sometimes the only impression of God that people have–live your life like people are watching your behavior because they are.
- 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 New King James Version – 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
God gave His all, His only and His best to us so we could live. God gave us Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for our sins so we could have the opportunity to be saved.
- John 3:16-17 King James Version – 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Make time for your children. Time is often a greater resource than money. When you give your time you give your heart and your literal life to your children.
Be led by the Holy Spirit and instill the Word of God into your family. The Word of God and following the Word of God is the best gift a man can give to his children.
- Joshua 24:15-17 New King James Version –15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
#4 LEAD BY EXAMPLE.
When identifying a godly man, pay attention to their actions and not their conversation. Never be caught up by smooth words. Look for fruit. That’s how God identifies our true beliefs.
- Matthew 7:16-17 New King James Version – 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.