But Jonah was deceiving himself. He didn’t fear the Lord because he didn’t obey the Lord.
What is preventing you from surrendering completely to the LORD? ARE YOU READY to face the Lord?
Things are not getting better. Tribulation is coming. What is more important than God? NOTHING! Seek the LORD first in all things every day. Ask yourself: Am I really saved? Three people know the truth. God knows if you are truly saved. The devil knows if you are truly saved. And you know if you are truly saved.
Let nothing shake your faith in Christ. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ. But we do need to examine ourselves to make sure we are walking in a way that is pleasing to the LORD. For example, Jonah was told to go preach to Nineveh. But he didn’t go. Our actions show more than our words.
We must do whatever God tells us to do. We can’t take our ease like the “hare” in the tortoise and the hare story. We must stay focused and keep running for God. If we really fear the Lord, we will obey Him. WHEN we disobey God we can cause other people to have pain and suffering. Disobedience can cause storms in our lives–some storms in our lives are not natural, they are spiritual. We should seek the LORD’s face to get to the root cause of the issue. Here are some tips for items that must be dealt with:
- Know when you need the Holy Spirit to lead you.
- You can’t treat God’s people just any kind of way. There is very little respect for godly leaders and they are watchmen for your soul. Ex. Miriam and Aaron got upset with Moses, so she got leprosy for 7 days. You can be anointed but not appointed. Moses was not perfect but he was chosen as the leader. Be careful not to grumble and complain about God’s people and leaders. Put a watch over your mouth (PUT A WATCH OVER YOUR MIND TOO!)
- Be careful of social media. You can get your mind poisoned through social media.
- What do you need to throw overboard? a stubborn will? a bad attitude? a loose tongue? a lingering habit? a sin? a certain person? unforgiveness? pride? (Ex. Lot was a hindrance to Abraham and they had to separate)
- Get rid of anything that separates you from the Presence of God! You cannot bring a book of hurt to heaven! Get rid of all bitterness, resentment and malice. No generational mess will come into Heaven.
- Pride will take you straight to hell. The devil used to be the anointed cherub, but he was full of pride and rebellion. Only being anointed can take you straight to hell if you are not submitted to the Spirit of God.
- Get rid of silent frustration (which is bitterness)
- What are you trying to do in your own effort that only God can do?
- Don’t row against the will of God.
Here are four ways that demonstrate we fear God.
When we fear God, we will obey God.
- Hebrews 11:7 New King James Version – By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
When we fear God, we will submit to His will.
- Luke 22:42 New King James Version – saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”
When we fear God, we will learn to humble ourselves
- James 4:10 New King James Version – 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
If we love God, we will keep His commandments.
- John 14:15 New King James Version – “If you love Me, [a]keep My commandments.