If ever a road needed to be filled, it is the Road to Salvation. Instead the road that is filled, is the road to wickedness. We all have friends, family, neighbors and coworkers that need to be saved
- Matthew 9:37-Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.
At many restaurants, you can’t dine in, you have to do carryout because they don’t have enough workers. The kingdom of God has the same problem. Jesus needs laborers for the harvest. God needs someone willing to win souls for the kingdom. Today, we will all learn how to lead someone to the Lord.
If people don’t get saved through Jesus, they will go to Hell. Teach your children about the Lord and get them in church to hear the Word of God while you can. One day it will be their own choice.
Pray that God will send laborers to the harvest. Prayer is God’s way of hiring. Jesus will put in their heart a desire to come to the Lord. All we need to do is to make ourselves available to share the Gospel.
No one can get to God except through Jesus.
- John 14:6 New King James Version – Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
If anyone tells you there is another way, they are lying. Everybody needs Jesus.
God desires fruit in our lives. God wants us to be a fruitful Christian. If an unsaved person walks by us they should see the love of God and the joy of the Lord on us. God expects us to have the fruit of the Spirit in our life and to multiply–bring souls into the kingdom.
- Proverbs 11:30 New King James Version – The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise.
We need to pray for a desire to win souls. If you can talk about your favorite movie, you can talk about Jesus. We are supposed to participate in the Gospel. Tomorrow is not promised. People need to get saved today. Today is the day of salvation.
Download an app that will help you lead someone to the Lord. Two good ones are The Four Spiritual Laws and The Roman Road.
The Four Spiritual Laws explain salvation this way:
GOD LOVES YOU.
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- John 10:10 – The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
SIN SEPARATES US FROM GOD.
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
When you reject Christ you will get paid. Those who reject God will get a paycheck of death, hell and then the lake of fire eternally. Those who receive Jesus will get a paycheck of eternal life.
There is no other way to Heaven except through Jesus. Church membership does not put us in right standing with God.
JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS AND ROSE ON THE THIRD DAY.
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-6 – 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.
WE MUST INDIVIDUALLY RECEIVE CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOR.
When preachers preach, and teachers teach, they are on an assignment from the Lord to help you. Make sure you pay attention to the Word of God being taught and obey it.
- John 1:12 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
WE RECEIVE CHRIST THROUGH A PERSONAL INVITATION
- Revelations 3:20 – Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
THE ROMANS ROAD method uses these scriptures to lead someone to the Lord:
- Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love toward us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 10:9 – that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Romans 10:10 – for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
If you sin after you receive salvation, are you still saved? If you sin after you are saved, the Bible tells us to confess that sin, repent of it and receive forgiveness.
1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.