“Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.” Ephesians 4:25-28
To be in relationship with God you must be honest. When we make excuses, we are lying. God hates lies and liars will not enter the kingdom of Heaven. Give no place to the devil. The devil is the father of lies and he was kicked out of Heaven.
- Revelation 21:8 – 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
- Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version – 16 There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
Don’t let your anointing or your gift deceive you. You can go to church and have bible knowledge and not be saved. Ask yourself three questions…
- Do you know where you will spend eternity?
- Do you know if you’re going to Heaven?
- Do you know if you are truly saved?
To get saved you must repent of your sins, ask Jesus into your heart and life and live for Jesus on a daily basis. If we sin, we have an advocate with the Father through Jesus Christ.
- 1 John 5:13 – I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.