We are living in a time where people are stressed out. They are on edge. Anything can set them off. There are people who will shoot someone over nothing–something as insignificant as their French fries not being hot. The issues causing stress are their own personal issues or a family member’s troubles. People are taking on the stress of others on top of their own stress. Stress can cause a series of physical and mental problems.
Everyone gets stressed out sometime.
- 1 Peter 5:7 King James Version – Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
We don’t have the backbone to carry the stress load that’s coming today. We are not supposed to carry the stress of life. We can get so busy we don’t even slow down to listen to God. Sometimes God will slow you down so the evil ahead of you will pass before you get there.
What are we chasing in life that we think we can’t live without? Somethings we chase are distractions from us getting closer to God. The only thing we can’t live without is God. What have we put before God that has become our God? The most important thing to chase is God.
- Mark 1:35 New King James Version – Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.
We can’t take any material things with us to heaven. We will go to heaven with absolutely no thing–the same way we came into this world–with no thing. It’s time to slow down and focus on what is important. Slow down and count the cost before making every decision.
- Luke 14:28 King James Version – For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Don’t let the prosperity of wicked people tempt us to chase after their lifestyle.
- Psalm 73:2-3 New King James Version – But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled; My steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the boastful, When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
- Psalm 73:17-19 New King James Version – Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end. 18 Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction. 19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment! They are utterly consumed with terrors.
For some people, something has to happen where they are hospitalized before they decide to slow down. We all need rest. Don’t think about everything that could happen. We have no idea what will actually happen. Instead of thinking of the future and assuming the worst, we can trust God who has our future in His hands. God knows what He is doing.
We must take care of our spiritual, physical and mental health. God even decided to rest. God created the world in six days and on the seventh day, He rested. Knowing when to rest is wisdom. We must now when to stop chasing money and when to stop doing everything by ourselves. We have to learn to delegate. We can teach people around us to pitch in and help. God will give us wisdom so that we can be fruitful and balanced.
We are not selfish when we take care of ourselves. Jesus knew when to slow down. Some things take time. A mess doesn’t happen in one day. We can’t clean up a mess in one day either. God will teach us the best way to overcome the challenges coming against us.