I am blessed AND I will bless God.
RESET your thinking and reset your life.
- Some people have low self-esteem.
- We need to get rid of the negative thoughts about ourselves.
- Do spring cleaning.
- Some things in our life we need to let go.
- Some people were in a season in your life, but they are not to continue with you into the next season.
- We must reset our thinking.
- What if you began to think to yourself: “I’m blessed, and I am going to bless God.”
- Think about what you do have, not about what you don’t have.
- Appreciate what you have. Thank God for what you do have.
Matthew 5:1-12 New King James – 2 Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying: 3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.b5 Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the [a]earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Example: Roaches don’t like light. When a light comes on, they run. When people persecute you when you are godly, it is because of God’s light shining through you.
- YOU’RE BLESSED! Keep shining your light for God.
- You’re blessed even when you don’t feel like it and it doesn’t seem like it.
- You’re blessed even when you don’t have a lot of possessions if you have Christ.
- We must learn to show mercy when people hurt us. Some things must be let go. Don’t hold anger and offense in your heart. (Example: A woman bumped a man’s car in the parking lot. He followed her home and shot her! Now she is hurt. And, HE IS NOW A CRIMINAL!)
- When you go the opposite of God’s Word, the devil is waiting to take you out.
- We need more peacemakers. If you are a Christian, why would you try to edge people on to fight? Bring peace to the situation.
- There are blessings in storms. The trial that was meant to break you, will bless you.
- There was a DOUBLE blessing in Job’s storm.
- Sometimes the storm is a disguised blessing.
- Jesus’ crucifixion lead to our salvation. PRAISE GOD!
- Ask Lazarus the beggar if he was blessed.
- REVIEW THE STORY OF LAZARUS
Luke 16:19-31 New King James Version – The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’ 27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’ ”
Lazarus was blessed because when he died, he died in Christ and went to heaven.
- The rich man had earthly goods, but died without Christ and went to hell.
- Don’t let possessions get you.
- Don’t let possessions crowd out God in your life.
- Love not the world, nor the things of the world.
- You may be in a difficult situation, but you are blessed.
- You may have experienced loss, but you are blessed.
Acts 26:28-29 – New King James Version – 28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian.” 29 And Paul said, “I would to God that not only you, but also all who hear me today, might become both almost and altogether such as I am, except for these chains.”
DON’T DELAY RECEIVING JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR.
MAKE UP YOUR MIND FOR CHRIST TODAY!
“For in Christ there is all of God in a human body; 10 so you have everything when you have Christ, and you are filled with God through your union with Christ. He is the highest Ruler, with authority over every other power.” Colossians 2:9 Living Bible