Hebrews 6:19 Living Bible – This certain hope of being saved is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls, connecting us with God himself behind the sacred curtains of heaven,
The best place you can be in during a storm is a place of prayer. The world can’t pray so the saints must pray. Storms can even move buildings. Right now spiritual storms are uprooting people and they are going back into the world. Spiritual storms come to uproot you, to move you to a place of doubt. But, we must get anchored in God’s wisdom.
We must be wise to Satan’s devices, it’s just a matter of time before he tries to uproot us. The Bible says
What kind of house are you building? Do you say, “I’ll read my bible when I have time. I’ll pray when I have time?” If so, you may be building your house with straw or wood. Is your house built on Jesus or is it built on Jesus and something else.
We want to be anchored in godly wisdom and not worldly wisdom. Worldly wisdom is sometimes helpful on earth, but it cannot help you get to heaven. When doubt comes, send FAITH TO THE DOOR. When you have a problem, talk about how God is going to help you and deliver you. Jesus is with you in the storm, even though you may not feel His presence.
The enemy is trying to get you “un-anchored” in Christ. He studies your weaknesses. So we must study Christ and pray for power over the enemy.
- John 10:10 New King James Version – The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
One of the enemy’s most effective tools is ignorance. Sometimes we choose to ignore what God is telling us to do or what the Bible says. We need to put a fence around the thoughts the enemy brings to our minds. You must put something up to block the thoughts the enemy brings.
You can have knowledge and not have wisdom. But if you have wisdom, you will also have knowledge.
- James 1: 5-7 New King James Version – 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
For example, knowledge can see a light turn red. But, wisdom says, “Put on the brakes.”
HERE ARE SOME OF SATAN’S DEVICES:
- Satan wants you to be unstable concerning your salvation. He wants you to believe you are not saved or you’re not fully saved. If you don’t think you’re saved, you’ll start acting like you’re not.
- You’re washed, sanctified and justified.
- Although scriptures are for all of us. Not every scripture applies to us or our situation.
- Satan wants you to be unstable concerning healing. (All sickness is not from the devil. Some sickness is in the world, just because we are in a fallen world.) Healing is for you, Healing is for today. Healing is for now. If we go to the doctor for healing, why can’t we trust Jesus for healing?
- Exodus 15:26 New King James Version – and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”
- Isaiah 53:5 New King James Version – But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
- Mark 16:17-19 New King James Version – 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”