The enemy will use fear to rob you. Family relationships are destroyed because of fear. Books are never written because of fear. Fear comes in many different forms. Fear can cause us to look back to the world or the old man. But we must set our minds to move forward in Christ.
- Luke 9:62 New King James Version – But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
The enemy will come against us to make us turn back. Be determined to be strong and put on the whole armor of God so we can stand against the wiles of the enemy. We have family members and children in the battle. We must fight on their behalf too. We must keep on praying for one another, even when we are tired and weary. We must fight the good fight of faith even when we are completely worn out.
- Galatians 6:9 New King James Version – And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
If we keep our focus on the Lord we will not drift away. Let’s our minds on the Lord and He will keep us in perfect peace.
- Isaiah 26:3 New King James Version – You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
Our strength comes from be rooted deeply in Jesus Christ.
- John 15:5 New King James Version – “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
God wants us to trust and obey Him no matter what. God’s promises should override every negative report that is contrary to His Word. Sometimes we can be convicted when others are not because we have the Holy Ghost operating system in our life. He controls what comes in and what comes out and what needs to be quarantined.
We must rely on the Holy Spirit for all decision-making. Pray for discernment, strength and grace to overcome. Remember, every day we wake up, we are in a spiritual battle. Consider the twelve spies who were sent into the Promised Land to bring back a report. Only Joshua and Caleb stood in faith on God’s instructions. God calls a negative report an evil report.
- Numbers 13:30 New King James Version – Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.”
Faith comes from you. The results come from God. But in between you and God’s instruction is fear. We must overcome fear. How many people have died without fulfilling their purpose. Too many people are caught up on what the majority thinks. God can work with one people. Don’t try to fit in with people. Be willing to stand out for God.
Imagine going into battle WITH GOD. We wouldn’t mind even being on the front line by ourselves if God was with us. If God is with us, who can be against us? Nobody.
How do we overcome fear?
Point #1: RECOGNIZE FEAR. If we don’t recognize an enemy we can’t overcome him. And we can deal with something we don’t recognize. Ignore the trouble/fear and focus on JESUS.
- Matthew 8:23-27 New King James Version – Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. 25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” 26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
Point #2: REBUKE FEAR and pray for God to strengthen your faith.