If you live a life of readiness you don’t have to worry about getting ready, you will be ready. Focus on being about the Father’s business, and be ready when Christ appears for His church.
The Word of God tells us to be strong in the Lord. When we are strong in the Lord we have a mindset to resist the enemy. We have creativity of how we can be on the offensive for God–doing His will on the earth.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 New King James Version– Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Living Bible – Keep your eyes open for spiritual danger; stand true to the Lord; act like men; be strong; and whatever you do, do it with kindness and love.
Always watch as well as pray to be strong in the Lord. God didn’t say feel strong. He said be strong. Prayer takes you into the spiritual realm to get strength, wisdom, and help. We have to worship God in spirit and in truth. The enemy knows if he can get our faith, he can steal our soul. We must keep our eyes open for spiritual danger–temptations and strategies to get you to compromise your faith. The enemy is looking for weak spots in the saints. So one of the best things you can do is pray. Ask God to help you with everything and even with things you are not aware of. Pray for God to strengthen your weak spots.
- James 5:16 New King James Version – The effectual fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much.
The strongest people are humble–they know they need God. Being strong in the Lord means we must depend on the Lord. Having God in our life opens the door for strength. We don’t serve a weak God. We really need strength in the Lord when things are not going well so we don’t make decisions in the flesh.
- Ephesians 6:10 New King James Version – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
- Psalm 27:14 New King James Version – Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Your own strength will eventually give out. But, if you depend on the Lord for strength, you will never cave in and quit the good fight of faith. We need strength in…
- every day life,
- in families,
- on the job
- and in relationships
The Lord will give you a strong word to keep you strong. Even a dog will stand his ground in his own yard. Stand your ground in the Lord. Be bold and fight for the Lord when the enemy crosses the line. Pray for your brothers and sisters in the Lord and help each other to stay strong in Christ.
God has called us to be salt and light in the midst of darkness. Don’t allow your light for Christ to go out.
- Matthew 5:13 New King James Version – “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
You need strength to endure the times when you feel weak. Weakness starts from within. If you think you can’t, you won’t. Change the way you think. Tell yourself you can do it. Believe what the Word of God says about you. God will strengthen you when you need it.