The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most important event to happen in the history of the earth. The Resurrection has nothing to do with Easter. Easter was a pagan fertility celebration that was mixed in with the resurrection of Christ to make Christianity more appealing to the pagan people.
But Jesus’ resurrection is the most important event in the history of humanity. Jesus is unlike any other and He deserves all the praise for what He has done for us.
- Luke 24:1-7 New King James Version – 24 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”
If we live a life of sin we will be separated from God. The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) But Jesus made a way for us to be reconciled to God. Jesus shed His blood as the payment for our sins.
Jesus is God in the flesh. He came to earth and proved that He was God during His three-year earthly ministry. The Last Supper with His disciples was The Passover Meal. Jesus came to fulfill the requirement given in the Old Testament that the only way a life could be redeemed was by another life. Jesus was the Passover Lamb that would be slain to atone for the sins of the people.
The Passover bread represented Jesus’ body that was broken for the sins of the people. The Passover cup represented the blood of Jesus that was shed for the remission (payment) for the sins of the people. The devil had us all bound by sin. Jesus died to set us free. The devil uses enticements (people, money, fame, etc.) to keep us away from God and the truth of the Gospel.
Don’t let anything or any person keep you from God. Don’t wait for friends and family to get to God. Go to the Lord for yourself as soon as you realize you have sinned or backslid. Don’t resist the Lord’s call. Don’t take the call of the Lord for granted. The Lord grants grace for us to repent. We can’t even repent without the Lord’s help.
The hardest thing to do is to be a Christian and go back to the world. The world doesn’t want you, but also you’re not under the protection of the Lord either. The Holy Spirit will convict you of sin to return to God. But if you persist in sinning, the Lord will not override your will. We need to get in Christ and stay in Christ. No man can serve two masters. Serving the Lord will cost you. Sometimes it will cost you friends, family, spouse or even your life. But the reward is eternal life.
- Romans 6:23 New King James Version – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Jesus proved He was God by prophesying His death, His burial and His resurrection.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 New King James Version – For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
- Luke 24:6-7 New King James Version – He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”
- Isaiah 53:11 New King James Version – He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.
There is no sin in Heaven. If Jesus didn’t die to pay the price for our sins, we would not be able to enter Heaven. There would be no eternal life for us. To enter into life with Jesus, repent from your sins and ask Him to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior.
- 1 John 1:9 New King James Version – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Romans 10:8-10 New King James Version – But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Once we receive Jesus into our lives we must follow Him. We must try to live the way Jesus lived.
- Romans 8:13-14 New King James Version– Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.