Try downloading the “app” Shut Up devil. It has scriptures for every issue. Use scripture when the enemy comes against you.
The last thing the enemy wants you to do is heed the Word of God. So the enemy comes against your mind and the minds of other people. The enemy will use other people to come against you. Sometimes we think others have issues and are wrong. But, we also have issues. Don’t focus on other people. Focus on defeating the enemy that’s coming against you through people.
Put the enemy out of your house. The devil doesn’t pay rent and he is not part of the family. Put the devil out your house.
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 Living Bible – Satan, who is the god of this evil world, has made him blind, unable to see the glorious light of the Gospel that is shining upon him or to understand the amazing message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is God.
The enemy uses ungodly music to lure people away from God. We can get so caught up on the beat and melody that we become blinded by ungodly lyrics that get into our spirit and influences our behavior.
- Don’t expect unbelievers to understand godly things.
- Unbelievers don’t understand why we make godly choices.
- When we don’t follow the ungodly crowd who is blinded by the devil, then the name calling begins.
Satan uses temptation to lure us away from God. We are all tempted by different things. The enemy will come at us with what we like. So watch and pray. Guard your heart. There are some things God will not allow us to do, that others do and get away with it. The enemy uses temptation to get us to sin. Just because we think a sinful thought doesn’t necessarily mean we have sinned. But we are responsible for how we handle sinful thoughts that come our way. We can take authority over our thoughts.
- Matthew 4:1 New King James Version – Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Anybody can pass the test if there is no temptation there. But can you pass the test when your commitment to Christ is tested? Even Jesus was tempted. But Jesus passed every test. Jesus fought back with the Word of God. Jesus referenced scripture and shut the enemy down.
- Matthew 4:4 New King James Version – But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
The enemy also tempted Jesus to use His power without prior instruction from God the Father. He also tempted Jesus with worldly fame and power.
- Matthew 4:7 New King James Version – Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”
We don’t test God. God doesn’t have to pass our tests. We need to prove ourselves to Him by being obedient and faithful.
- Matthew 4:10 New King James Version – Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”
The devil is real, but he already is defeated.
- Colossians 2:15 Living Bible – In this way God took away Satan’s power to accuse you of sin, and God openly displayed to the whole world Christ’s triumph at the cross where your sins were all taken away.
We all have our cross to bear, the same way Jesus had to bear His cross. We are followers of Christ. When the testing comes our way, we need to bear our cross and keep following Jesus. Don’t go back into the world. Instead, pass the test with the Word of God. Use the Word of God to overcome the testing and every temptation. We can pass the test through Christ Jesus.
Learn to recognize when the devil is coming against your mind and use the authority God gave you to defeat him. Things may come our way that hurt. But we can overcome any hurt and struggle through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Lord has given us power, so why aren’t we using it? We need to have a strategy for the enemy’s attacks. The enemy has a strategy against us and uses it daily. Prayer is the weapon of our warfare. But also be ready to take physical action as the Lord leads us.
Learn to recognize when the enemy is trying to use others and even ourselves. Learn how to examine yourself first.
- 2 Corinthians 2:10-11 New King James Version – 10 Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Sometimes it’s as easy as saying, “Shut up devil.” Try downloading the “app” Shut Up devil. It has scriptures for every issue. Use scripture when the enemy comes against you. Refuse to go to the enemy’s turf–the flesh. When we get in the flesh, we lose every time. Instead of reacting–pray.
For example, if the enemy knows you are focused on possessions, then he will use possessions to draw you away. So focused on what the Word says about possessions.
- Matthew 6:24 New King James Version – “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Submitting to God and resisting the devil is worth it. Put up a strong fight and never turn back. Jesus is worth it!