The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30
The most important work we can do is work for the kingdom. The most important work in the kingdom right now is WINNING SOULS! Souls, souls, souls. Jesus came for souls. Jesus did these vital things…
Jesus taught the Word of God. The Word of God is our map. It tells us all the information we need for life on this earth.
- Luke 19:10 New King James Version – for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
Jesus taught His disciples to pray.
- Luke 18:1 New King James Version – Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,
Jesus taught His disciples how to witness.
- Acts 1:8 New King James Version – 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
We were born to be born-again. God wants everyone to go to Heaven. But we can only get there by receiving Jesus into our lives as our Lord and Savior. Nothing is more important that winning a soul. People are not born knowing how to get saved. They must hear the Gospel. How can they hear if someone doesn’t tell them.
- Romans 10:14-15 Living Bible – 14 But how shall they ask him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them unless someone sends him? That is what the Scriptures are talking about when they say, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Gospel of peace with God and bring glad tidings of good things.”[a] In other words, how welcome are those who come preaching God’s Good News!
It’s sad if we don’t know how to lead someone to the Lord. There are resources you can download to help, such as the Romans Road App on Google Play and the Apple Store. They both have the scriptures to lead someone to the Lord. But we also should get the scriptures into our heart so the Holy Spirit can flow through us to draw others to Christ.
- Mark 16:15-16 New King James Version – 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Not everyone who hears the Gospel will believe. But we are to preach anyway. When we preach the Gospel we will encounter obstacles and even persecution. But God has given us power over the enemy.
- Mark 16:17-18 New King James Version –17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
God will protect us as we do His work. GO FORTH!
- Mark 16:19-20 New King James Version – 19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.