Hebrews 10:38-39 New King James Version – 38 Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.” 39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
- Take your friends to see Jesus.
- Take your problems to Jesus.
- Know when you need help and you can’t handle it.
One man had four really good friends, who were determined to get him the help he needs. Wouldn’t you like to have four faithful friends like these?
Mark 2: 1-11 New King James Version – Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic
2 And again He entered Capernaum after some days, and it was heard that He was in the house. 2 Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them. 3 Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. 4 And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” 6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” 8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
It takes humility to know when you need help.
- The first faith friend you need is FAITH IN GOD.
- The second faith friend you need is HAVE A PLAN–GOD IS THE PLAN.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- God knows every obstacle you will face. Make God the plan and HE WILL GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS.
- God’s instructions will lead you to eternal life and abundant life.
- God can meet your every need. When will you make God your plan?
- The third faith friend you need is PERSISTENCE.
- You must be determined. You faith must be seen, not just heart. When faith shows up, so does favor
- The fourth faith friend you need is WORKS. Faith is demonstrated by works. If you believe it, you act on it. Faith without works is dead. Can Jesus SEE your faith? James
- You CANNOT HAVE A QUITTERS SPIRIT. Don’t give up.
- One word from the Lord can change your life.
- Faith gets up. If you fall down, repent and get back up.