There will be roadblocks and hindrances once you start to follow Christ We have to endure in Christ and stay in the lane God has placed us. Our goal is to finish–we don’t have to be first but we do have to finish.
The Apostle Paul said, “I kept the faith.” Can we say the same? Once we are in the faith we need to go from faith to faith. We need to keep growing and keep hoping. Don’t give up. Hope is the confident expectation of what you are believing for. WE HAVE TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE. Nobody can hope for you.
We can’t keep hope alive without prayer. “Pray without ceasing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17) God wants to answer our prayers. We can’t listen to discouraging people or even our own discouraging thoughts. Pray the doubt away and keep believing God and interceding. “The prayers of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)
To finish your salvation course, you have to get rooted and grounded in love.
- Ephesians 3:17-19 New King James Version – 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
When we have Jesus in our heart, we should have love in our heart. If we are a child of God, we should look like God and walk like God. As God’s children we should have behavior like our Father God. If someone saw us, could they tell that we are children of God? Can they tell even if you don’t have on a Jesus t-shirt?
Even though we may embarrass God at times with our behavior, God still loves us unconditionally.
- John 13:35 New King James Version – By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
As created beings we will be connected spiritually to either God or the enemy, the devil. When we love one another, we are connected to God. The word disciple means “a follower”. Children of God follow Jesus’ teachings.
- 1 John 3:18 New King James Version – My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
Love must be backed up with action and not just words and lip service. Love is a deed. If you want to see if love is real, put a test on it. Is it backed up with a action? If it is a true friendship, the truth should not break it up.
- If you want to walk in the love of God, you must learn to deny yourself.
- We always have room for improvement when it comes to walking in love.
- Parents and children need to love each other more. (Your love should not be conditional.
Matthew 6:24 New King James Version – No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
To love God you must learn to say NO. You must say…
- no to the world
- no to relationships that pull you away from God and
- no to even yourself.
- no to compromising situations
- 1 Corinthians 9:27 New King James Version – But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
A virgin must learn how to say no. The bible calls believers in the Lord, virgins. We must keep ourselves devoted to Christ. A virgin for Christ cannot try out other Gods and other religions.
- 1 John 4:20 New King James Version – If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
Get rid of hate and unforgiveness. You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven with hate in your heart. There are no haters in heaven.