A woman and her son were on a floatie at the beach. They drifted so far out they couldn’t get back. They had to call for a rescue team to get them out. There were raging waters, undercurrents and shark-infested waters. The woman was out on the ocean on a floatie–not a sturdy vessel that was anchored.
- If she had realized the danger, do you think she would have let herself get distracted?
–Sometimes we don’t realize how much God is protecting us.
–God protected us EVEN WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS!
–God has angels protecting us.
- God has saved us from sin through JESUS! Jesus took on the sins of the world for us. Jesus is THE PASSOVER LAMB who atoned for the sins of the world.
- EVERY MORNING YOU WAKE UP–PRAISE THE LORD AND SING TO HIM!
Hebrews 6:17-20 Living Bible – 17 God also bound himself with an oath, so that those he promised to help would be perfectly sure and never need to wonder whether he might change his plans. 18 He has given us both his promise and his oath, two things we can completely count on, for it is impossible for God to tell a lie. Now all those who flee to him to save them can take new courage when they hear such assurances from God; now they can know without doubt that he will give them the salvation he has promised them. 19 This certain hope of being saved is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls, connecting us with God himself behind the sacred curtains of heaven, 20 where Christ has gone ahead to plead for us from his position as our High Priest, with the honor and rank of Melchizedek. God wants us to be rooted and grounded in Him and in love.
- We need to be anchored in who we are in Christ.
- We are called the sons of God.
- We are more than conquerors through Christ.
- We need to be anchored in Christ–even in a storm.
- Consider bible figures like Job, the Apostle Paul, and the three Hebrew boys (Shedrach, Meschach and Abednego). They all had severe trials and stayed anchored in the Lord during their trial.
- God didn’t deliver them from the trial. Instead, He brought them through the trial and they came out victorious and stronger.
- WE DON’T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND GOD, WE JUST NEED TO TRUST HIM.
- Following God’s will is absolute devotion to Him.
- JUST OBEY THE LORD.
- Just obey like Noah. Noah built an ark because God said it would rain until the entire earth flooded. Noah obeyed even though he didn’t even know what rain was. There had never been rain before.
- There comes a day when the door to the Ark closes.
- Genesis 7:13-16 – On the very same day Noah and Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark— 14 they and every beast after its kind, all cattle after their kind, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, every bird of every sort. 15 And they went into the ark to Noah, two by two, of all flesh in which is the breath of life. 16 So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in.
Jesus is soon to come. ARE YOU EXPECTING THE LORD? If you are really expecting the Lord, your behavior and conversation will show it.
- 2 Peter 3:9 New King James Version – The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
- Hebrews 6:19 New King James Version – This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,
- Our hope of heaven stands secure and immoveable in Jesus Christ, our anchor.