It’s one thing to witness. It’s another thing to BE a witness. Too many Christians only want to go to Heaven, but don’t want to serve God. Before we go to heaven, God wants us to help others to be ready to go to Heaven too.
- Acts 1:8 New King James Version – But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
We can think we are doing fine. But we are not doing fine if we are detached from God. If Christ is not the head of your life, you are not doing fine. Many people believe they are fine, but they are lost. If we don’t have a relationship with Jesus, we are not okay. We are all born into sin and we must all be born again.
- John 3:3 New King James Version – Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
We each have to make a decision for our own soul. Just because someone was baptized doesn’t mean they are born again. Water baptism is a symbol of a commitment made to Christ, but it is not the commitment in and of itself. Also, just because we are doing well materially, doesn’t mean we are doing well spiritually.
- Luke 12:16-20 New King James Version – 16 Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. 17 And he thought within himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?’ 18 So he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store all my crops and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
This man gave glory to himself, not to God, for his accomplishments. It’s sad when you think you are doing well without God. Don’t be focused on possessions. Possessions can blind you and distract you. Sometimes the possessions of people can blind believers. We see people that are less fortunate and think that they need to know the Lord. But, we can see people that are doing well and think that they don’t need to hear the Gospel.
Take time to witness to everyone. The Holy Spirit will lead us to people of all walks of life. Nice people go to hell too. Rich people can go to hell too. Be open and ready to witness to anyone as the Holy Spirit leads. Are we walking past people because we think they are doing fine?
- Acts 8:26-40 New King James Version – 26 Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, “Arise and go toward the south along the road which goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is desert. 27 So he arose and went. And behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace the queen of the Ethiopians, who had charge of all her treasury, and had come to Jerusalem to worship, 28 was returning. And sitting in his chariot, he was reading Isaiah the prophet. 29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and overtake this chariot.” 30 So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him….35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” 37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” 38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.
Sometimes the Lord will direct you to a specific person, the same way He led Phillip in the passage of scripture above.
- 2 Timothy 4:5 New King James Version – But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
- Luke 14:23 New King James Version – Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.