Being prepared requires action. Just as parents must prepare their children for adulthood, God is preparing His children for the kingdom of God. God has a place prepared for us. But are we prepared to enter into His kingdom and receive it? In order to enter into the kingdom God we must have a relationship with Jesus Christ and have a heart to obey Him. When we stand before the Lord after we leave this earth, we must each stand alone. We cannot rely on family, friends or church affiliation to get us in. So let’s make sure we are ready by examining our lives now. Again…
Are you prepared to enter Heaven?
Nobody can enter heaven in a physical body. We need a spiritual body or a resurrected body. The only way we can get one of those is to die physically or be caught up in the rapture when Jesus comes to take His church to Heaven.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 New King James Version – 13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
- Revelation 14:13 New King James Version – 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.”
But even before we leave this earth, we need to start living as citizens of Heaven.
- Philippians 3:20-21 New King James Version – 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
Jesus prepared His disciples for what was coming ahead. He knew He was about to die and be raised from the dead. But He reassured them that He was going to Heaven to prepare a place for them:
- Matthew 17:22-23 New King James Version – 22 Now while they were staying in Galilee, Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men, 23 and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up.” And they were exceedingly sorrowful.
- John 14:1-3 New King James Version – 14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
We must die to the flesh in order to be prepared for Heaven.
- Romans 8:12-14 New King James Version – 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
If we are not prepared to go to Heaven, we will automatically end up in hell. Jesus died so no one has to go there. If we reject Jesus’ offer of salvation and refuse to submit to Him, we will end up in hell. But, if we choose to follow Jesus everyday, we will be prepared for Heaven.