The enemy uses blinders to keep people from the kingdom of God and from growing in God. The enemy doesn’t want to see anyone get born again or gain ground so he preys on the weak. The enemy uses fear. Fear of people, fear of failure, fear of new things. Some people won’t try anything new because they believe they will fail–so they never try it.
But, the one fear we want to have is–the fear of God. When we fear God we can’t just sin without conviction. When we fear God, we will obey God.
- Hebrews 11:24-27 New King James Version – 24 By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, 25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, 26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward. 27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king; for he endured as seeing Him who is invisible.
- Hebrews 11:7 New King James Version – By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
When God tell us to do something, we don’t have a right to put it off. Who are we to delay when God speaks? We must obey right away. God’s will must be done.
- Luke 18:1 New King James Version – Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,
God does not want us to fear people. We should never get to a place where we are afraid to identify with Jesus. It is better to have Jesus than the applause of man. We always need Jesus.
- Proverbs 9:10 New King James Version – “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
What have you learned about God from your getting to know God? Some have learned that God is willing to listen at all times. Others realize that God’s love is far past what we can imagine. He loves us so much. No matter what we have done or said, He loves us and will forgive us.
When we fear God, we will obey Him. Consider Abraham. God called Abraham His friend. Abraham had a track record of obeying God by faith because of his reverent fear of the Lord.
- James 2:23 New King James Version – And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God.
God knows we have a heart for Him when we obey Him. Words are not enough. Our words must be backed by action.
- Matthew 15:8 New King James Version – ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.