God is a God of faith. Walk on the water of the Word of God.
- Hebrews 11:1 New King James Version – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
- the substance of something divinely guaranteed
- the confident expectation
- the title deed
- the conviction of their reality
- it comprehends it as fact even though it cannot be seen
- Don’t expect your physical senses to see the same thing that faith sees.
We are saved by grace through faith. Faith becomes a way of life for the believer. FAITH–DON’T LEAVE FAITH WITHOUT IT. Don’t expect the unsaved man or woman to think like you think. They don’t have the mind of Christ.
- Hebrews 11:6 New King James Version – But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that HE IS a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
You can’t please God without faith in God. Don’t expect God to reveal Himself the same way all the time. SEEK GOD diligently. He rewards the diligent. Faith should be a way of life. You must be born-again to understand faith. The bible says we can have no faith, little faith and great faith. Graduate from no faith. Don’t settle for little faith. Strive to walk in great faith.
Operate in the area where God has given you GREAT FAITH. Focus on what God has given you. Don’t try to be strong in an area God has not strengthened you. Use your faith in the area God has called you.
Little faith says, “I think God will.” How will little faith work against a big problem? Don’t season your heart with doubt. You can’t take a day off from faith–that’s the day the devil will show up. The devil hit Job, but Job kept some faith in his heart. Job said, “though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.”
Great faith trusts God–ALL THE WAY! Never underestimate the power of faith. Fight the good fight of faith.
- Matthew 8: 5-13 New King James Version – 5 Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, 6 saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.” 7 And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” 8 The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 10 When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! 11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.
When was the last time you LIVED on a word from God? Or are you living on a word from God AND something else? Do you have a backup plan for God’s Word?
- There is a time to go when Jesus says go.
- Respect the Lord’s authority.
- You cannot purchase a bottle of faith.
- But you can get a refill of faith everyday from the Lord.
- Great faith is growing faith and stands on the truth of God’s Word, not facts.
- Great faith puts ALL its faith in GOD ONLY!
- Great faith is NOT focused on feeling.
- Great faith is focused on GOD!
- One word from God can change your life.
God doesn’t want your Christian walk to be at a standstill. We must learn to go forward–even in the middle of a storm. But don’t just go through any kind of way. Go through the storm FULL of peace.
- Mark 4:35-41 New King James Version – 35 On the same day, when evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.” 36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?” 39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm. 40 But He said to them, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?” 41 And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!”
Learn to value peace more than material things. Jesus rested in the storm and was full of peace. Because He was full of peace, He could speak peace and influence the environment. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. AND, Jesus is the Word of God. Speak the Word of God and watch peace change the atmosphere.
- John 14:27 New King James Version – Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Jesus gave us HIS PEACE so we could use it. We must learn to value what Jesus died to give us. The world offers a cheap imitation of peace. The world says you can have peace by your banking account, through life insurance, through a good job or relationship. But all those things can fail. Jesus is eternal and all things are in His hand. When we are in Christ, we have true lasting peace that can never fail. That’s why the Bible tells us it is better to trust God than man.
- Isaiah 26:3 New King James Version – You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
Don’t lose your peace. Make a decision to choose peace. Peace in the Old testament is listed 400 times. Peace is something everybody wants but few seem to find. Peace is harmony, security
There is coming a time when people believe the world is peaceful and secure, but there will be sudden destruction.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 New King James Version – For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape
Encouragement from Pastor Rosa…
Deuteronomy 6:7 New King James Version – You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
Proverbs 22:6 New King James Version – Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Be committed and anchored in Jesus.
- Children are a gift from God
- The parent/child relationship should never end. Pray for each other.
- Give children what they need and not what they want.
- Teach biblical values.
- Parent them from childhood to adulthood.
- Pray for them without ceasing.
- Mothers in Christ never lose — we win and we learn.
Encouragement from Bishop Brown…
- Mothers are: Teachers, disciplinarians, cooks, counselors, nurses, chauffeurs, coaches, doctors, and prayer warriors and much more.
- But a mother can’t be a mother and a father.
- A woman can do the work of mamma and daddy, but you will not be a father.
- Only a man can teach a man how to be a man. Let the man be the man.
- Married couples should stay on one accord. Don’t disrespect the father’s instruction and vice versa.
1 John 3:18 New King James Version – “My children let us not love in word and in tongue, but in deed and truth.”
L.O.V.E. stands for…
Love is an action. Moms have a special way of communicating with their children. Moms tell the truth even if you don’t like it. Godly moms tell their children about Heaven
L. – Love is an action.
O. – Obey your mother.
V. – Value your mother. You only get one. (Unfortunately, a mother’s value goes up when she dies.)
E. – Encourage your mother.
The best time to show love is NOW.
Hebrews 6:19 Living Bible – This certain hope of being saved is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls, connecting us with God himself behind the sacred curtains of heaven,
The best place you can be in during a storm is a place of prayer. The world can’t pray so the saints must pray. Storms can even move buildings. Right now spiritual storms are uprooting people and they are going back into the world. Spiritual storms come to uproot you, to move you to a place of doubt. But, we must get anchored in God’s wisdom.
We must be wise to Satan’s devices, it’s just a matter of time before he tries to uproot us. The Bible says
What kind of house are you building? Do you say, “I’ll read my bible when I have time. I’ll pray when I have time?” If so, you may be building your house with straw or wood. Is your house built on Jesus or is it built on Jesus and something else.
We want to be anchored in godly wisdom and not worldly wisdom. Worldly wisdom is sometimes helpful on earth, but it cannot help you get to heaven. When doubt comes, send FAITH TO THE DOOR. When you have a problem, talk about how God is going to help you and deliver you. Jesus is with you in the storm, even though you may not feel His presence.
The enemy is trying to get you “un-anchored” in Christ. He studies your weaknesses. So we must study Christ and pray for power over the enemy.
- John 10:10 New King James Version – The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
One of the enemy’s most effective tools is ignorance. Sometimes we choose to ignore what God is telling us to do or what the Bible says. We need to put a fence around the thoughts the enemy brings to our minds. You must put something up to block the thoughts the enemy brings.
You can have knowledge and not have wisdom. But if you have wisdom, you will also have knowledge.
- James 1: 5-7 New King James Version – 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
For example, knowledge can see a light turn red. But, wisdom says, “Put on the brakes.”
HERE ARE SOME OF SATAN’S DEVICES:
- Satan wants you to be unstable concerning your salvation. He wants you to believe you are not saved or you’re not fully saved. If you don’t think you’re saved, you’ll start acting like you’re not.
- You’re washed, sanctified and justified.
- Although scriptures are for all of us. Not every scripture applies to us or our situation.
- Satan wants you to be unstable concerning healing. (All sickness is not from the devil. Some sickness is in the world, just because we are in a fallen world.) Healing is for you, Healing is for today. Healing is for now. If we go to the doctor for healing, why can’t we trust Jesus for healing?
- Exodus 15:26 New King James Version – and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.”
- Isaiah 53:5 New King James Version – But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
- Mark 16:17-19 New King James Version – 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
God’s ultimate plan for healing is divine health.
There will be roadblocks and hindrances once you start to follow Christ We have to endure in Christ and stay in the lane God has placed us. Our goal is to finish–we don’t have to be first but we do have to finish.
The Apostle Paul said, “I kept the faith.” Can we say the same? Once we are in the faith we need to go from faith to faith. We need to keep growing and keep hoping. Don’t give up. Hope is the confident expectation of what you are believing for. WE HAVE TO KEEP HOPE ALIVE. Nobody can hope for you.
We can’t keep hope alive without prayer. “Pray without ceasing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17) God wants to answer our prayers. We can’t listen to discouraging people or even our own discouraging thoughts. Pray the doubt away and keep believing God and interceding. “The prayers of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)
To finish your salvation course, you have to get rooted and grounded in love.
- Ephesians 3:17-19 New King James Version – 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
When we have Jesus in our heart, we should have love in our heart. If we are a child of God, we should look like God and walk like God. As God’s children we should have behavior like our Father God. If someone saw us, could they tell that we are children of God? Can they tell even if you don’t have on a Jesus t-shirt?
Even though we may embarrass God at times with our behavior, God still loves us unconditionally.
- John 13:35 New King James Version – By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
As created beings we will be connected spiritually to either God or the enemy, the devil. When we love one another, we are connected to God. The word disciple means “a follower”. Children of God follow Jesus’ teachings.
- 1 John 3:18 New King James Version – My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
Love must be backed up with action and not just words and lip service. Love is a deed. If you want to see if love is real, put a test on it. Is it backed up with a action? If it is a true friendship, the truth should not break it up.
- If you want to walk in the love of God, you must learn to deny yourself.
- We always have room for improvement when it comes to walking in love.
- Parents and children need to love each other more. (Your love should not be conditional.
Matthew 6:24 New King James Version – No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
To love God you must learn to say NO. You must say…
- no to the world
- no to relationships that pull you away from God and
- no to even yourself.
- no to compromising situations
- 1 Corinthians 9:27 New King James Version – But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
A virgin must learn how to say no. The bible calls believers in the Lord, virgins. We must keep ourselves devoted to Christ. A virgin for Christ cannot try out other Gods and other religions.
- 1 John 4:20 New King James Version – If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
Get rid of hate and unforgiveness. You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven with hate in your heart. There are no haters in heaven.
“This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,” Hebrews 6:19 New King James Version
You don’t want to be on a ship with a captain who doesn’t know how to navigate a ship through a storm. You don’t need expertise if the sea is always smooth sailing. Make sure Jesus is on your ship. Everything cannot be prayed away. But, if you are anchored in the Lord, you will not sink.
- Psalm 34:19 New King James Version – Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Make sure you have a full-time relationship with the Lord. (Make sure you don’t only call on the Lord when you think you need Him. We always need Jesus.)
- Isaiah 59:19 New King James Version – So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.
Make sure you have Jesus on the ship on Fridays and Saturdays too. Jesus ought to be comfortable with what we are doing everyday of the week. We cannot let our flesh have everything it wants. We can’t play with the anchor, Jesus Christ, putting Him up and down when we want. We must be anchored in the Lord everyday. Some people try to ease the effects of their storm through alcohol, sex, drugs, etc., but that only makes the storm worse.
MAKE JESUS THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR LIFE. HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH EVERY TRIAL. He won’t eliminate storms, but He will help you go through them to the other side.
- Jesus spoke to the storm and said peace be still to the storm, and the sea and the waves obeyed.
- How can the elements obey God and we don’t.
- If God tells you don’t go to a certain place, don’t go.
When people lose hope, they stop expecting. Or, they begin to expect the wrong thing. Consider Job. He was facing financial, relationship, spiritual and physical storms all at the same time. Job was a perfect man who feared God and stayed away from evil. (We can’t love God and do evil at the same time.)
- Job 1:1 New King James Version – There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil.
Can we say we are running to God and away from evil? Job and his wife were facing the storms of life. Read Job 1:1-7. Storms are coming to this world, and even the United States. Both of them went through the same storm but they had two different reactions.
- Job was faithful in the storm. Job 1:22 – In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.
- Job’s wife was bitter in the storm. Job 2:9-10 – Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? curse God and die!” Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
Job was anchored in the Lord. There is not way we can be anchored in the Lord and not hold on to hope. HOPE IS OUR ANCHOR. Remember to praise God in the storm. God is going to bring you to the other side. There is always hope when you are in Christ.
A woman and her son were on a floatie at the beach. They drifted so far out they couldn’t get back. They had to call for a rescue team to get them out. There were raging waters, undercurrents and shark-infested waters. The woman was out on the ocean on a floatie–not a sturdy vessel that was anchored.
- If she had realized the danger, do you think she would have let herself get distracted?
–Sometimes we don’t realize how much God is protecting us.
–God protected us EVEN WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS!
–God has angels protecting us.
- God has saved us from sin through JESUS! Jesus took on the sins of the world for us. Jesus is THE PASSOVER LAMB who atoned for the sins of the world.
- EVERY MORNING YOU WAKE UP–PRAISE THE LORD AND SING TO HIM!
Hebrews 6:17-20 Living Bible – 17 God also bound himself with an oath, so that those he promised to help would be perfectly sure and never need to wonder whether he might change his plans. 18 He has given us both his promise and his oath, two things we can completely count on, for it is impossible for God to tell a lie. Now all those who flee to him to save them can take new courage when they hear such assurances from God; now they can know without doubt that he will give them the salvation he has promised them. 19 This certain hope of being saved is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls, connecting us with God himself behind the sacred curtains of heaven, 20 where Christ has gone ahead to plead for us from his position as our High Priest, with the honor and rank of Melchizedek. God wants us to be rooted and grounded in Him and in love.
- We need to be anchored in who we are in Christ.
- We are called the sons of God.
- We are more than conquerors through Christ.
- We need to be anchored in Christ–even in a storm.
- Consider bible figures like Job, the Apostle Paul, and the three Hebrew boys (Shedrach, Meschach and Abednego). They all had severe trials and stayed anchored in the Lord during their trial.
- God didn’t deliver them from the trial. Instead, He brought them through the trial and they came out victorious and stronger.
- WE DON’T HAVE TO UNDERSTAND GOD, WE JUST NEED TO TRUST HIM.
- Following God’s will is absolute devotion to Him.
- JUST OBEY THE LORD.
- Just obey like Noah. Noah built an ark because God said it would rain until the entire earth flooded. Noah obeyed even though he didn’t even know what rain was. There had never been rain before.
- There comes a day when the door to the Ark closes.
- Genesis 7:13-16 – On the very same day Noah and Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark— 14 they and every beast after its kind, all cattle after their kind, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, every bird of every sort. 15 And they went into the ark to Noah, two by two, of all flesh in which is the breath of life. 16 So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in.
Jesus is soon to come. ARE YOU EXPECTING THE LORD? If you are really expecting the Lord, your behavior and conversation will show it.
- 2 Peter 3:9 New King James Version – The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
- Hebrews 6:19 New King James Version – This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,
- Our hope of heaven stands secure and immoveable in Jesus Christ, our anchor.
The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most important event to happen in the history of the earth. The Resurrection has nothing to do with Easter. Easter was a pagan fertility celebration that was mixed in with the resurrection of Christ to make Christianity more appealing to the pagan people.
But Jesus’ resurrection is the most important event in the history of humanity. Jesus is unlike any other and He deserves all the praise for what He has done for us.
- Luke 24:1-7 New King James Version – 24 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. 3 Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5 Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7 saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”
If we live a life of sin we will be separated from God. The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) But Jesus made a way for us to be reconciled to God. Jesus shed His blood as the payment for our sins.
Jesus is God in the flesh. He came to earth and proved that He was God during His three-year earthly ministry. The Last Supper with His disciples was The Passover Meal. Jesus came to fulfill the requirement given in the Old Testament that the only way a life could be redeemed was by another life. Jesus was the Passover Lamb that would be slain to atone for the sins of the people.
The Passover bread represented Jesus’ body that was broken for the sins of the people. The Passover cup represented the blood of Jesus that was shed for the remission (payment) for the sins of the people. The devil had us all bound by sin. Jesus died to set us free. The devil uses enticements (people, money, fame, etc.) to keep us away from God and the truth of the Gospel.
Don’t let anything or any person keep you from God. Don’t wait for friends and family to get to God. Go to the Lord for yourself as soon as you realize you have sinned or backslid. Don’t resist the Lord’s call. Don’t take the call of the Lord for granted. The Lord grants grace for us to repent. We can’t even repent without the Lord’s help.
The hardest thing to do is to be a Christian and go back to the world. The world doesn’t want you, but also you’re not under the protection of the Lord either. The Holy Spirit will convict you of sin to return to God. But if you persist in sinning, the Lord will not override your will. We need to get in Christ and stay in Christ. No man can serve two masters. Serving the Lord will cost you. Sometimes it will cost you friends, family, spouse or even your life. But the reward is eternal life.
- Romans 6:23 New King James Version – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Jesus proved He was God by prophesying His death, His burial and His resurrection.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 New King James Version – For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
- Luke 24:6-7 New King James Version – He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”
- Isaiah 53:11 New King James Version – He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.
There is no sin in Heaven. If Jesus didn’t die to pay the price for our sins, we would not be able to enter Heaven. There would be no eternal life for us. To enter into life with Jesus, repent from your sins and ask Him to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior.
- 1 John 1:9 New King James Version – If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Romans 10:8-10 New King James Version – But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Once we receive Jesus into our lives we must follow Him. We must try to live the way Jesus lived.
- Romans 8:13-14 New King James Version– Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Watch and share! Are you radically prepared for the rapture?
- Matthew 24:36-44 New King James Version – No One Knows the Day or Hour – 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Remember on the road to salvation, you must learn to endure in your faith in Jesus Christ. Pray for endurance and grace to stand strong in Christ. Our biggest fight is the fight against our own flesh (carnal ways).
We must also fight to enter God’s rest. We must rest in God’s grace and His Word.
- Hebrews 4:9-11 New King James Version – There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.
Finish YOUR course. CUT OUT THE DOUBT AND UNBELIEF.
- 2 Timothy 4:7-8 King James Version – 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Hide the Word of God in your heart. We are in a fight for our life. Don’t take receiving the Word of God lightly. It’s one thing to talk faith but it’s another thing to live it. Are you truly ready to depend on God every day? Can you trust God for clean water or to get to one place to another?
It’s one thing to know a storm is coming. It’s another thing to prepare for the storm. God will give you revelation, common sense and wisdom.
–-Matthew 6:33 New King James Version – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- JESUS WAS SO CONNECTED TO THE FATHER He was always focused on doing God’s will.
- He borrowed a tomb. He didn’t have a place to stay–He traveled carrying the Good News of salvation everywhere He went.
- Don’t just put God first when you have a problem and then forget about God after He helps you.
- The best time to have faith is BEFORE you get the trial.
- God wants to equip us so we can be victorious.
- LIVE A LIFE OF READINESS CAME FROM GOD.
- A fireman has to live a life of readiness at all times–even if they are off-duty.
- God wants us to be on-duty at all times. People are drowning and choking at all times.
- God has trained us so we can help people.
- Live in readiness so if people talk sideways, you can stand firm in the faith and drop the Word of God on them, plant a seed.
- WE NEED TO HAVE SPIRITUAL ALERTNESS!
- The wicked are getting bolder.
- The Christians need to get even bolder.
–1 Peter 5:8 New King James Version – 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
–Some people leave this life never receiving spiritual birth.
–No matter what you gain in this life, it’s not more important than your soul.
–-Mark 8:36 New King James Version – For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
The enemy does not want you to know that in Christ you are already complete, even though in your daily life you are still under construction.
–1 Corinthians 6:9-11 New King James Version – 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
- Before we were saved our sins had not been washed away.
- If you don’t know your sins were washed away, you will live in fear of Hell.
- Do we have a license to sin then? NO!
- When God sanctifies us He MAKES US HOLY.
- We can’t be holy in our own strength, WE ARE MADE HOLY BY JESUS.
- Not only are we sanctified we ARE BEING SANCTIFIED.
- Don’t think you have lost your salvation if you sin.
- If you sin, repent and get back up and Christ and keep living for God.
–-1 John 2:1-6 New King James Version – 2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.
- If you are a believer and you sin, the Holy Spirit convicts you of sin and directs you back to the right way of living.
- When conviction comes we must repent in order to get back in right standing with God.
- Sometimes God wants you to let that situation go. That doesn’t mean you won’t have the memory of the situation, it means you don’t let that memory dominate you.
- God wants us to forgive one another. There is no unforgiveness in Heaven.
- Unforgiveness doesn’t fit in Heaven.